This 30 Minute Buffalo Chicken Stir Fry is the perfect combo of a quick and easy stir fry with our favorite buffalo flavors. What is better than some buffalo chicken tenders or wings, but the feeling after when you are so full of grease is the worst. We wanted to get those same flavors in a full meal but have it filled with good for you foods instead of deep fried. Like many of you, much of the ingredients listed below you already have in your kitchen. Check out the recipe below and try it out for your next quick weeknight meal!
This 30 Minute Buffalo Chicken Stir Fry is a great busy week night meal to make. We make this on nights that we are craving take out but want to save some money by eating in or eat in to stay healthier. As long as your chicken is defrosted, this entire meal takes 30 minutes from start to finish. The only thing that may take more time is the cauliflower rice if you decide to hand chop however, if you are fortunate to have a food processor, it makes that 10 minute task turn into less than a minute.
Do I have to use Cauliflower Rice?
This 30 Minute Buffalo Chicken Stir Fry is made with cauliflower rice to keep it light and airy. But if you want something a little heartier, you can always swap out with rice or do a 50/50 combo of rice and cauliflower. We like to do that from time to time and are never disappointed. It’s also another suggestion I would make if you are just trying out cauliflower rice. It’s like mixing in zucchini noodles with spaghetti.
What to turn the spice down a notch?
Phillip and I love to kick up the heat but we understand not everyone has the same pallet as us. We recommend adding another package of ranch seasoning into the stir fry after the celery, carrots, and onions have cooked down a bit in the butter and oil. Making this dish with rice instead of cauliflower rice also makes this a little creamier. If you want to bring the bite down even more add some cheddar cheese or bleu cheese on top as a garnish. All of these substitutes or changes will bring this dish into the mild flavor profile.
However you choose to make this dish, we hope you enjoy it. From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Buffalo flavor fan like us, try these:
Buffalo Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko
- 1-2 package ranch seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 ½ cups celery sticks chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrots chopped
- 1 cauliflower riced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Mix the ranch seasoning with the pank breadcrumbs. Scramble to egg and dip the cubed chicken into the egg wash and then coat in the beadcrumb mixture before adding to a baking pan. Do this for all chicken pieces. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until internal chicken temperature reaches 165°
- While chicken is cooking heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat. Add the butter and oil and let melt
- Once butter is melted add in the celery, carrots, and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the carrots begin to soften but still hold a crunch. If you do not want this spicy, add in the second packet of ranch seasoning now and stir well.
- Add in the riced cauliflower. If you haven't riced cauliflower before either chop it finely or add it to a food processor until it is riced
- Stir in the cauliflower, add the salt and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and add it to the saute pan before pouring in the buffalo sauce. Bring to heat and serve!