Stepping up our breakfast game this year with our new favorite, Avocado Feta Breakfast Sammies! We love a good bowl of oatmeal, like our Peanut Butter Bacon Banana Oatmeal in the winter. But after a few bowls of oatmeal it’s time to switch it up. Another year round favorite of ours is avocado toast, you can find our 3 favorites here!
Inspiration behind the dish
We love a good breakfast sammie just like the next person. For this sandwich we wanted to jazz it up a bit and add a tasty spread. Avocados are a staple in our house as well as feta cheese. We decided to combine our two staples into a thick spread with a few other ingredients in a blender. After toasting your bread spread the Avocado Feta mixture thickly onto the toast and you will be in heaven. When we have extra we tend to just make this as our version of an avocado toast and sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top!
Tools to create this sandwich
Ingredients in this recipe
Avocado: One of our favorite ingredients to use. So creamy and versatile, in this recipe provides the perfect smoothness you want for a breakfast sammie spread.
Feta: This salty cheese will offset the avocado and really amp up your Avocado Feta Breakfast Sammies!
Red Wine Vinegar: Red wine vinegar provides a zesty, tangy taste to this spread.
Lemon Juice: Just like the red wine vinegar the lemon juice adds a kick to this spread.
Step by step to recreate
This recipe is very simple. First, you want to add all the avocado feta spread ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. This can then rest off to the side while you make everything else. Using a toaster or oven toast your bread to your liking. Spread the avocado feta spread over the toast. Next, cook your sausage patty and add on top of the avocado feta spread. Lastly fry some eggs over easy or however you would like your eggs cooked. Lay the egg on top of the sausage and serve! Enjoy with some hot sauce!
Other recipes you might like
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Avocado Feta Breakfast Sammies
Avocado Feta Spread
- ½ avocado
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 oz feta
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado or olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 your favorite bread toasted
- 2 pork or turkey sausage patties
- In a blender or food processor add the Avocado Feta Spread ingredients and blend until smooth
- Toast your bread and spread the Avocado Feta Spread on top. Cook your sausage patty over medium heat or until the internal temperature reaches 145° and add over the Avocad Feta Spread.
- Fry you eggs over easy in some olive oil and add to the toast over the sausage patty and enjoy! Add some sriracha or hot sauce on top if you want to kick it up a notch.