With the super bowl right around the corner, Phillip and I have been experimenting with some game day appetizers. And what could be better than Buffalo Chicken Bombs to snack on? These snacks are bursting with flavor. Warm, gooey, tangy, and creamy all at the same time.
We made these with cheddar cheese, and ranch, but we would also make them again and try with blue cheese instead! Once we had the chicken mix all together in a bowl we had the idea to add ranch to make it just a little creamier.
The biscuits were so buttery so it compliments the buffalo sauce and chicken well but we were also thinking of the twist to do these in wonton wrappers next time. Instead of being doughy and soft it would have a nice crunch. Maybe even adding a little celery in there to give it texture.
Phillip brought up the idea that we should have cut cubes of cheddar in the mix instead of shredded so it would be even more melty. Next time, for sure. Good thing we have a few more football games left this season! P.S. I am totally ordering these serving trays today for our next party, how sleek!
This take on buffalo chicken dip or any other buffalo styled snack, is so quick to make. And it’s different from just your traditional dip. It’s easy for guests to grab one and walk around the party mingling with friends without the worry of holding onto a plate full of dip. They’re also packaged so it’s difficult to make a mess out of these. It’s a win-win, less clean up from guests, and rave reviews on your new game day snack!
Buffalo Chicken Bombs
- 2 chicken breasts
- ⅔ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 1 package of biscuits
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Salt and pepper the chicken, drizzle in olive oil and bake for 30 minutes or until they reach 160°
- Shred chicken and add to large mixing bowl
- Add buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese, parsley, red onion, and ranch dressing. Mix well
- Take individual biscuits and roll thin with a rolling pin
- Fill each biscuit with chicken mixture and pinch closed. Make sure to completely seal the biscuit and that all areas are well pinched. This will prevent them from opening up in the oven
- Brush melted butter in biscuits
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Garnish with additional parsley and serve with ranch or blue cheese!