Chicken salsa verde pizza was a happy accident that has turned into our absolute FAVORITE dinner. Once we got out salsa verde sauce recipe down, we have made so many different meals with it. So fresh and flavorful we can’t stop eating it!
Chicken Salsa Verde Pizza
- 3-4 naan for pizza base
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz mozzarella
- ⅓ cup red or orange pepper chopped
- ¼ cup while onion chopped
- 2 chicken breasts baked and shredded
- ½ – 1 cup salsa verde depending if you are also using this as a marinade
- Marinate chicken in salsa verde for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°
- Remove from oven and shred chicken well
- In small bowl mix tomato paste, salt, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder
- Spread tomato paste mixture on the naan
- Squeeze mozzarella in paper towel over sink to remove excess water. Tear up mozzarella and spread on top of the tomato paste
- Add chicken, peppers, and onions over the mozzarella. Drizzle salsa verde over top of pizzas
- Bake in oven directly on rack 15 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack for 5 minutes and serve!
A few months ago after having made salsa verde for our cauliflower fried rice, we had a bunch of extra sauce left over. We knew we wanted to make a quick naan pizza for dinner but wanted to mix it up a bit. There came the Chicken Salsa Verde Pizza.
This pizza is so simple to make and will leave everyone full and completely satisfied. Made with simple ingredients you can always find at the grocery store. First, go ahead and make our salsa verde, if you can’t and are short on time, store bought will do the trick! After that, peppers, onions, mozzarella, tomato paste or sauce, naan, and chicken! When we are lazy we will just grab a rotisserie chicken from the store. If you have some time though, marinating the chicken in the salsa verde for at least 30 minutes and then baking it will add a TON of flavor to this pizza.
We like to dry the mozzarella a little on a paper towel before adding to get some of the water out. This can make your pizza a little soggy when baking if not. Not to fret, it will still have the same great flavor. This weeknight dinner is only baked in the oven for about 15 minutes so the cheese melts perfectly.
Line the oven if you don’t already because this should bake directly on the rack in the oven. So if and when some of the cheese melts or the water from the cheese drips it doesn’t go all over the bottom of your oven. We love these oven liners for our oven. Keeps everything clean, if nothing drips many of times it will at least catch the crumbs. Just trying to make the cleanup as minimal as possible for this simple week night dinner 🙂
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!