Valentine’s Day is surprisingly a day of eating in our house. Too many times the night is closing up and dessert is something so heavy like chocolate molten cake. It’s too much. This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tart is here to solve that problem. You can eat this and not feel the fullness hit you and make your sleepy.
Making dinner at home for Valentine’s Day can be filled with pressure. Both our Love Me Tender Steak and Marry Me Lobsta and Pasta are simple to make but extremely impressive. However, it’s so easy to quit there but this dessert can be prepped in just a few minutes and bake while you are eating dinner.
This is our take on traditional chocolate covered strawberries. Making those can be so messy and time consuming. And who has that time on Valentine’s Day? You want to make something quick so you have time to spend with your significant other or date! That is what Valentine’s Day is all about, spending time with the one you love. And well, having an excuse to eat a bunch of delicious food and lot of chocolate! Gentleman, don’t forget the chocolate!
We made our in some old ramekins we already had, but how cute are these ramekins to bake in! Just make sure to put them on a pan with some foil as some times the strawberry filling can boil out a little bit. No one like to clean the over, especially on Valentine’s Day.
Speaking of the clean up, make sure to butter the ramekins well before putting your pastry in them. This will make it easier to eat but more importantly easier to clean up. I mean, no one wants to clean up in general but on Valentine’s Day? Definitely not. Happy Valentine’s Day!
From our kitchen to your, cheers!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tarts
- 1 pie crust
- 4 cups strawberries washed and cut
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line ramekins with butter and put on pan with foil
- In sauce pan add water and sugar, stir over medium heat until dissolved
- Add strawberries and stir until strawberries soften
- Add cornstarch and lower heat to thicken
- Line ramekins with pie crust and add filling, add mostly strawberries and strain sugar water. There should just be a little at the top
- Cover ramekin with pie crust and pinch shut. Add small cut in pie crust to let out heat
- Brush with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes or until pie is golden
- While pies are cooking melt chocolate in microwave or over double boiler. If making in microwave make sure to stop every 15 seconds to stir
- Remove ramekins from oven and let cool 10 minutes
- Drizzle chocolate on top and serve