You’d think being cooped up in the house for the last few weeks would make us want to eat right, well not in this house. This Creamy Garlic Alfredo Pasta with Chicken was just what the doctor ordered. We have been trying our hardest to eat healthy, be active, and keep a routine, but we all need a little flexibility and treat ourselves for staying kaput. This simple dish can likely be made with things you already have at home, so STAY IN!
Garlic Alfredo Pasta with Chicken
Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 box linguine
- 2 chicken breasts sliced in strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- In a pot bring water to boil and cook pasta. Drain and save some pasta water.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to chicken
- In saute pan add olive oil and turn to medium heat
- Once oil is hot add chicken to pan and cook on both side for 5-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°
- Remove chicken from pan and let rest
- In sauce pan add butter and turn heat to medium
- As butter begins to melt, add garlic and stir to keep from burning
- Add cream cheese in cubes and stir to melt
- Once cream cheese is almost fully melted add heavy cream and continue to stir until fully melted
- Add pepper to the sauce and stir until well mixed. If sauce is too thick add pasta water slowly until you get a consistency you desire
- Add pasta to the sauce and mix well, serve in bowl with chicken and garnish with parsley
It sounds easy, right? To stay home and just be patient. Like a dream come true, an excuse to cancel all plans and stay home. But even Phillip and I, two big introverts, are starting to go stir crazy. Like I said, we are trying to keep a routine but even the best routines need a break and a little splurging. And this Creamy Garlic Alfredo Pasta with Chicken is the splurge you need in your home right now.
Our normal date nights are out at a new restaurant or our favorite local sushi place, however since we are stowed away we took this week’s date night at home, in jammies. While this recipe calls for 5 cloves of garlic, the more the better really. I mean who are you kissing while at home? And your partner better be welcoming to all the garlic breath there is to offer.
We kept the chicken simple however. Do not try to overwhelm the chicken as you want the sauce to be the real MVP of this dish. When we made this dish we only added garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the chicken before sautéing. Then mixed in the chicken with the garlic alfredo pasta. Ugh, so creamy.
Check out some of our other pantry staple meals to make at home:
From our kitchen to your, cheers!