When it comes to Greek food, so many people only think gyros. While gyros are AMAZING, some times you want the Greek flavors but with something else. Our Greek Spinach and Feta Meatball Naan provides that fresh flavor Greek cooking has while keeping it simple. Try them out for yourself!
This simple recipe is quick to whip up after work or even as an appetizer for a party. You can make the Greek Spinach and Feta Meatballs and serve with tzatziki as a dipping sauce. Or you can make the Spicy Feta Dip from our Healthy Mediterranean Bowls as a dipping sauce instead. Both would be excellent with these meatballs.
Alternatives or Substitutions
We made our Greek Spinach and Feta Meatball Naan with ground beef, however ground turkey or chicken could be used instead. Be mindful that you might want to add a little fat to the meatball mixture if you do make this with turkey or chicken. Ground beef has a lot of fat to help keep the moisture while baking so it does not require additional. Olive oil or avocado oil are good options to use for this recipe.
We always put the meatballs on a racked pan, like this one. It helps to keep drain the grease while baking and keep the meatballs crisp on the outside. We recommend it this way but try it out baking in the grease if you like it with a little more fat.
We like to use naan for this recipe but if that it too much breading we recommend using wraps as an alternative. These meatballs are also delish on their own or in a salad. That’s what I did the following day, my lunch was baby spinach, bell peppers, onions, english cucumbers, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, tzatziki, and a squirt of lemon over top.
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Feta and Spinach Meatball Naan
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup red onion chopped
- 2 garlic clove chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- naan small to medium size
- english cucumber sliced thin
- red onion sliced thin
- tomatoes chopped as desired
- tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Finely chop garlic, red onion, and spinach
- In saute pan add oil and turn to medium heat
- Add garlic and red onion to pan and cook 3 minutes
- Add spinach and cook another 3-5 minutes or until wilted
- In large bowl add ground beef, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, worcestershire and mix well
- Add in egg, feta cheese, and spinach, garlic, onion mix. Mix ingredients together
- Add a ¼ cup of panko bread crumbs at a time until you get desired consistency
- Make meatballs and place on racked pan
- Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature is minimum 155°
- Remove from oven and add meatballs to naan
- Top naan with english cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, and tzatziki as desired