We have been grilling out as often as possible now that the weather is changing. So basically that means almost every night. Our Grilled Mahi Foil Packets are the perfect simple weeknight dinner. Have I mentioned that you have no dishes? Oh yea, there’s that perk too! Prepped and grilled in under 30 minutes, you really can’t go wrong making this simple fish dinner.
Foiled Mahi and Veggie Packets
- 2 mahi fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini slices
- 1 lemon sliced
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- ¼ yellow onion sliced thin
- grape tomatoes
- baby potatoes
- salt & pepper
- Slice zucchini and onion, put in bowl
- Add handful of grape tomatoes and baby potatoes to the bowl
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and add salt and pepper. Mix well
- Place two pieces of foil down and put 3 slices of lemon down on each foil
- Salt and pepper mahi and place a fillet on top of the lemon slices
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, and baby potatoes to the foil
- Add onions on top of the mahi, add a few springs of thyme to packet and fold the foil so you can easily pick up the foil at the top
- Turn grill on and place foil packets on grill. Cover and let cook 20-25 minutes
- Remove the foil packets from the grill and open
- Squeeze any left over lemon juice on top and serve!
We packed these foil packets to be grilled with zucchini, tomatoes, and potatoes. Once all cooked up with this simple fish dinner you get the perfect sides too! This all in one dinner really is so simple and easy. You can certainly swap out the veggies we added for others but the zucchini really absorbs some of the lemon flavor so well.
It’s tough some times trying to eat healthy but the key is to have staple recipes in your back pocket. These Grilled Mahi Foil Packets are perfect to make in a pinch to keep you on track. Even in time like now where we are working from home we find ourselves exhausted at the end of the day not wanting to make anything. We decided to make this for dinner while we ate lunch. I wanted to eat something healthy so we look out the mahi from the freezer to defrost by dinner time.
Try Something Else
If you are loving this dish but maybe the weather is turning, try out our Date Night In Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce instead! Very simple, this dish is also made in under 30 minutes and only dirties up one dish. We are all about easy, quick, healthy fish dinners this time of year or really any time of year. Next up, I need to figure out a grilled salmon foil packet, maybe something soy based…
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!