I know what you’re thinking, Keto friendly breaded wings? Thats impossible! We’ll this is a story all about how you can make keto friendly breaded wings right now (sing to the tune of the fresh prince theme song). So knowing that ketogenics means no carbs, I had to decide how I was going to bread these things. I landed on good old fashioned pork rinds!
Keto Friendly Breaded Wings
- ½ bag BBQ Flavored Pork Rinds Crushed into a powder
- 1 tbs onion Powder
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp cayene pepper
- 1-2 eggs
- 12 wings flats and drummies
- Put ½ bag of bbq pork rinds into a ziplock back
- Beat that bag like it owes you money and pork rinds are crushed into powder
- On a plate or in a large bowl, add all seasonings and pork rinds
- Whisk eggs in bowl until mixed
- In another ziplock bag throw in wings and whisked eggs and move coat wings
- Once wings are coated, remove and dredge in seasoning/breading mixture
- Place on cooking tray
- Heat oven to 400° and place wings in
- After 10-15 minutes, flip wings
- After another 10-15 minutes check to make sure wings are done
- Let cool and then eat (nom nom nom) <- helps if you make that noise
The trick is to put the pork rinds in a bag, hang them up in your walk in freezer on a hook and do your best Rocky impersonation by beating the bag with your fists. Ok ok, so I didn’t actually do that. What I did do was put them in 2 large zip lock bags and smashed them into as close to a powder as possible. Once I got it there, I added in the other ingredients and tasted it. This recipe is delicious! These keto friendly breaded wings taste like you took a porkchop skin and put it on a chicken wing.
I ended up baking these in the oven and the crispiness from the pork rinds were so good on the chicken. You can actually taste the pork flavoring on the chicken, which makes it even more delicious! I bought the bbq flavored pork rinds, so this recipe didn’t need much more seasoning. I just went with the basics to add into this breading.
Be on the lookout for another recipe like this again. I would love to try these and actually dip them in a wing sauce. Its a great substitute for bread, might even be a better alternative. Hope you enjoy these keto friendly breaded wings! I’m sure I’ll do more twists on this type of recipe later on because it was fun and challenging. Val and I enjoy pushing ourselves in the kitchen to try and make things we’ve never had before.