With the Superbowl just around the corner, Phillip and I have been craving these baked and loaded nachos. While there are many different takes you can try with this dish, we wanted to make traditional nachos as we were entertaining friends. We are always interested in exploring new creative recipes but some people just want the classics. And you can never go wrong with the Baked and Loaded Nachos!
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup steak
- 2 peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno sliced thinly
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onion
- 1 lime
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Cook steak to medium rare and slice thinly , set to the side
- Cook ground beef with chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Once cooked, drain well and set off to the side
- Saute peppers and onions in olive oil until browned
- Once cooked set to side and take out cast iron skillet
- Add a layer of tortilla chips to the bottom of the pan
- Add shredded cheese, peppers, onions, steak, ground beef, jalapeños, black beans, green onion, and cilantro
- Add tortilla chips and layer 2-3 more time depending on how you want your nachos
- Bake in over for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro, sour cream, a squeeze of a lime, and guacamole
I think nachos and football just roll off the tongue together., two peas in a pod. Some ground beef, steak, beans, and LOADS of cheese. We love to make this fan favorite appetizer in our favorite budget friendly cast iron skillet. This lets us easily broil the nachos and serve them while still getting many layers without spilling over the sides. These nachos can barely make it on the table and they are gone!
We made our own guacamole for this but you can swap it with store bought or your own version you like best. Guacamole is a sticky dish, we love ours with a kick but some people won’t use any jalapeños to make it milder. We will have to get our recipe up on the site soon to share with you! Speaking of, if you are a fan of nachos you will LOVE our Cozy Chili! Maybe even try out the chili as you nacho toppings, yum!
Look at that cheese! Ugh, I want to eat this all over again right now. I love the addition of the sautéed peppers and onions to this dish. It’s the simple things you end up loving out of an appetizer like nachos. Many of times you know what to expect but something extra is always a great addition!
From our kitchen to your, cheers!