One Pan Chorizo Cauliflower Spanish Rice has to be our new favorite weeknight meal. It takes less than 30 minutes and is all cooked in one pan, ready to be served. There isn’t anything much better than that. We love to make this quick dinner on a busy weeknight or when we are feeling lazy but refuse to spend money ordering out. And since it’s just us, we have leftovers and are quite happy about it. Hello tomorrow’s lunch!
Chorizo Cauliflower Spanish Rice
- 5 chorizo links sliced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 10 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cauliflower head chopped finely or added to a food processor and chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- sour cream for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- In a large pan or wok over medium heat add the sliced chorizo and let cook
- Once chorizo is mostly cooked add in the onion and garlic
- Let onion and garlic cook in the chorizo grease for a few minutes and then add the red pepper
- Cook 2-3 minutes, add, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and chili poweder. Stir well
- Add the tomato paste, fire roasted tomatoes, kidney beans, and corn. Stir until combined well
- Mix in the cauliflower rice and beef broth. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes
- The broth should now be absorbed into the rice, remove the lid and let cook another 3-5 minutes without the lid
- Remove from heat and serve with cheese and sour cream
How to make this One Pot Chorizo Cauliflower Spanish Rice
First chop up your cauliflower, there are a few different ways to do this but we recommend add the cauliflower heads to a food processor for the quickest and cleanest results. Every time I go to chop the cauliflower up on a cutting board it ends up all over my counter and floor. I find cauliflower rice days later in all the little crevices. So learn from my mistakes and use a food processor to easily and more importantly, cleanly, chop up your cauliflower.
Have your ingredients and spices ready to go once you start cooking the chorizo because this One Pan Chorizo Cauliflower Spanish Rice goes quick. Heat the pan or wok up and let your chorizo sizzle and cook before adding in the onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant and add in the red pepper. Next up is the spices, beans, corn, and tomatoes. Lastly, add in the cauliflower rice and broth. Let cook for a while before serving. This dish is best served with some shredded cheese and sour cream!
Twist on a classic, One Pan Chorizo Cauliflower Spanish Rice
Phillip and I love all of the flavors Spanish rice provides and would love to eat it ever night. While we don’t adhere to any specific type of diet, we try to eat light and eat things that don’t make us feel weighed down after. But trust me, we do love our treats and pasta nights! Anyway, this dish is a twist on one of our favorites, Spanish rice and chorizo. Cauliflower rice isn’t always a great alternative because their is a distinct flavor and texture difference but it does wonders in this dish. The texture alone is a reason to give it a shot!
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!