Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and we have a crazy pandemic going on. Is that going to stop you from enjoying some South of the border favorites? I know its not going to stop Val and I. We came up with this delicious pineapple taco sauce for everyone to enjoy this Cinco de mayo. Whether you’re throwing a party or just making it for yourself, this is something to create.
Pineapple Taco Sauce
- 4 tbsp Orange Juice
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 cup Pineapple Chunks Diced Fresh
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1½ tbsp Cilantro Paste
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1½ tbsp Go-Chu-Jang
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend well
- Taste and add salt/pepper if wanted
- If you have pork chops, take out pork and create a simple salt brine
- The brine consists of ¼ cup of Salt to 4 cups of water
- Put that in the fridge for 2 hours so it makes the pork tender
- Throw pork on the grill or in the oven and baste while cooking with taco sauce until it reaches internal temp of 145°
- Cook chicken on grill
- Baste with sauce every 2-3 minutes making sure to coat
- Cook chicken to internal temp of 160°
- Add Taco sauce to tacos and enjoy the delicious flavors
I got the inspiration from our Pork Mojo Sauce that we use on our Cuban sandwiches. I just started throwing things I know meshed well together into a blender. The pineapple we had left over from a previous recipe and I didn’t want it to go to waste.
I’m in love with sauces and seasonings. You could take something from ordinary (ex. chicken grilled out) and make it into something that will literally wow you. I started reading The Flavor Bible again and always enjoy finding different things that pair perfectly well together. The overtly sweetness from the pineapple is muted perfectly by the orange juice. The garlic and cilantro are just delicious in almost anything. The Gochujang just gives it that extra kick it needs to get to the next level.
When Val and I created this, we put it on top of pork tacos like in the main picture. I wish I had brined the pork chop before I cooked it though because it was good, but I know if the pork was a little more tender it would have been perfect. I am the hardest critic on myself about food and when I tasted this taco sauce I knew I had something special. You could literally bottle this up and sell it, it’s so good. So, We hope you enjoy our Pineapple Taco Sauce.
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!