Phillip and I love making super tasty meals, but after work sometimes we barely want to cook. This Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Meatloaf might bake for 45 minutes but it only takes 15 minutes to prepare, then you can relax until dinner is ready. Check out the recipe below and enjoy for yourself!
We have been testing with a few spring flavor combinations and our new favorite has been sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. The basil really tops off the flavor too. We added it to pizza, made it into a sauce but when we made this meatloaf we knew we were really onto something. Phillip is a big sauce guy so he decided to make the goat cheese tomato sauce to smother this meatloaf in!
Ground Turkey: Ground turkey is naturally leaner than ground beef and holds flavor better since there isn’t as much grease when you cook the meat.
Goat Cheese: This soft cheese is perfect for a creamy sauce. When paired with the tomato sauce you get a slight tang as well.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes: A spring staple in our house. This ingredient gives a burst of freshness to the meatloaf.
Basil: The best herb to be added to goat cheese is basil, so get yourself a bunch and roughly chop it up for this recipe!
Step by step to make Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Meatloaf
Start this Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Meatloaf by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. In a small frying pan over medium to low heat, add your oil, minced garlic, and spinach. Stir and cook until the spinach is wilted. Remove the spinach and garlic from the pan to cook a little bit. In a mixing bowl combine the ground turkey, salt, egg, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and spinach. Mix the ingredients together well and put into a meatloaf or bread pan. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
When you have about 5 minutes left on the meatloaf start on your Goat Cheese Sauce. In a small pot or pan over medium heat add the tomato sauce and bring to heat. Slowly add in the goat cheese and continue to whisk so the cheese doesn’t clump. Once all the cheese is added, toss in the basil and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes. Remove the Sun-dried Tomato Meatloaf from the oven and serve with the Goat Cheese Sauce on top.
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Meatloaf
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Goat Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp basil
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a small frying pan bring to heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes.
- Take all the remaining meatloaf ingredients and the spinach and mix until fully combined in a bowl. Add to a meatloaf or bread pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- When you have about 5 minutes left on the meatloaf start on the Goat Cheese Sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium to low heat add the tomato sauce and bring to heat. Slowly whisk in the goat cheese and add the basil. Whisk until smooth and simmering
- Serve meatloaf with the goat cheese sauce on top!