We finally decided to make Thai Green Curry. Our whole journey is to make it cheaper on ourselves for date nights. We still go out for drinks and dinner from time to time, but we cut down the amount of times we go out for food. We were dropping at least 150$ a week on date nights and that adds up. Some of our most favorite spots to eat are Thai restaurants, so this was a chance to flex our cooking skills. We have another recipe for a delicious Pad Thai that you can check out.
Since we already had the pad thai, we decided to take a shot our second most favorite dish. The thing I find really intriguing about cooking this is you’re adding coconut milk in with the sauce and letting that simmer a bit. Once you let the sauce and the milk simmer, it creates a delicious flavor. It takes something that was spicy and flavorful and dulls it down just enough so that you still get the heat and the flavors, it just tones them down.
I love ordering Thai Green Curry in restaurants, and this was just as good as ordering it out! Be warned though, cooking this in the kitchen will make your entire house smell delicious. We have been loving this wok to make this dish in. Make sure to get one with the second handle, it comes in handy! Also, if you add too many jalapeños it will wake your sinuses up. Another trick we found was to boil the chicken first along with the vegetables before you put them in and start cooking them with the sauce. That way you get clean flavors from the sauce!
Val and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did eating and making it. We really did enjoy coming up with this recipe. Without further ado, here is the recipe for our Thai Green Curry!
As always, from our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Thai Green Curry
Thai Green Curry Sauce
- 2 Jalapenos
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 cup cilantro no stems
- ½ cup thai basil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup lemon grass chopped
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime skin just guest-imate
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts chopped
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 Bell Peppers chopped
- 2 cups Eggplant cut in fourths
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend until a sauce
- Add Coconut milk to a deep saute pan, or preferably, wok
- Bring to boil and add half of green curry sauce
- In deep sauce pan boil water and add diced chicken to the water to cook for 5-6 minutes
- After curry coconut milk mixture is cooked down, add in boiled chicken
- Boil Eggplant and chopped Bell Peppers in water for 2-3 minutes
- Add in Fish Sauce and sugar and mix
- Add Bamboo shoots and mix letting cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add Eggplant and Bell Peppers to the Chicken and Remaining Curry mixture in wok
- Mix well and let continue to cook for 2-4 minutes
- Add more basil to the top