As the fall season begins we have been craving a very cozy cocktail and these Vanilla Fig Gin Cocktails are the perfect cozy cocktail to make this crisp weekend! Figs this season have been spectacular, haven’t they? I have had figs in the past a few times, but this year I have taken my love for figs to the next level. These Vanilla Fig Gin Cocktails are just the latest concoction I have drummed up with this seasons yummy figs! Check out the recipe below and enjoy this perfect fall cocktail!
Vanilla Fig Gin Cocktail
Vanilla Fig Gin Cocktail
- 6 figs
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 oz Hendrick's Gin
- club soda
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Slice you figs in half and scoop out the inside of the fig into a glass
- Squeeze your sliced lemon to get the juice into the glass over the fig
- Next add your vanilla extract and honey into the glass
- Muddle the inside of the figs with the other ingredients in the glass
- On a plate pour the brown sugar and spread around
- Take some honey and add it to the rim of the glasses (this can be done on a plate or adding honey to a paper towel and spreading it around the rim)
- Twist your honey covered rim in the brown sugar to cover the honey
- Pour 1.5 oz of Hendrick's Gin into both glasses
- Strain the muddled fig juice into each of the glasses
- Top the cocktail off with some club soda to the rim or to your liking
These Vanilla Fig Gin Cocktails take a few moments to make but they are SO worth it! And you will be coming back for more. When we first started experimenting with this Fig Vanilla Gin Cocktail we would slice open and scoop out a pack of 10 figs at a time so we could multiple cocktails but not have to deal with the little messy part of making this fall drink. If you choose slice your figs and remove the inside first make sure to refrigerate the inside of the the figs while you are sipping on your first cocktail. We do the same thing for our Blackberry Gin Fizz when muddling the blackberries so we don’t have to keep making a mess in the kitchen.
Honey Brown Sugar Rimmed
After making these a few times, I just knew something was missing. The drink is fantastic but I wanted another touch of sweetness. Later that day I was pouring myself a pumpkin beer into a brown sugar lined pint glass and it hit me. That is exactly what was missing from the Vanilla Fig Gin Cocktail! So I decided to make another. Well after a few minutes, I already had a perfectly good pumpkin beer ready and waiting for me to enjoy! Later I lined to cocktail glass with honey and brown sugar and made this cocktail again and WOW, that was the missing piece!
Want what’s in the picture?
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!