Winter is coming! You don’t want to be caught off guard without a great White Chicken Chili recipe. White chicken chili and our regular chili recipe will be enough to get you through any harsh winter season. These recipes are simple to make, yet packed with flavor. The best part about them is you can make them in bulk and the left overs are just as good.
White Chicken Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 green onion diced
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cans pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 can green chilies
Stove Top Instructions
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven add oil over medium heat
- Add the onion, garlic, and salt. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides. Once seared, pour in the seasoning, peppers, and jalapenos and cook 1-2 minutes
- Pour in the chicken broth, lime juice, beans, and green chilies
- Let simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes with the lid on
- Remove the chicken, shred, and add back to the pot. Let simmer another 30 minutes and service with sour cream or greek yogurt as a garnish.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker on high for 4 hours
- Remove chicken, shred, and add back to slow cooker for another 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream or greek yogurt.
White Chicken Chili
Winter is the perfect time for cozy delicious foods that take very little effort. I attribute this style of cooking to bears hibernation methods. As humans, we can’t hibernate because we’d wake up months later and have overdue bills, be fired from our jobs and probably would have died from having our electricity cut off while in our slumber. So alas, we are destined to stay awake and have low energy (especially with day light savings time zapping the life out of us). Since this is the case, we need to be on the offensive to look for easy to make, hearty, delicious recipes. This white chicken chili recipe hits the mark.
Val created this dish all on her own. I was working on a weekday night and she popped up to say dinner was ready. To my surprise she made her white chicken chili just for this recipe. I love all things chili because the amount of hot sauce you add to it doesn’t ruin the flavor. After tasting this recipe, I didn’t need to add my normal amount of hot sauce, which is a lot. The flavor was perfect and the left overs were just as good.
If you don’t have a stock pot or dutch oven, you can even make this recipe in a crock pot. Just put all the ingredients in a crock pot and cook it for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Just make sure to shred the chicken after its cooked. As a result, this way is even easier, for all of those who really want to be hibernating.
Well, we hope you enjoy our white chicken chili recipe. Next time we’ll be coming up with more hearty, healthy, easy, delicious recipes. As always, from our kitchen to yours, cheers!